This is from the ABA Journal, but the tips are great for anyone. By James Grey Robinson.
- Do not be a prisoner of your past
- What comes out of your mouth is more than what goes in it
- People will admire you more for your health and happiness than your bank account
- Take 10 minutes each day to not think but just breathe
- Lawyers are admired more for their honesty (and humanity) than for winning
- You have to balance and take care of your body, your mind, and your family/community.
- Nothing is more powerful than kind words.
- Embrace change. Change is good.
- If you don’t control your emotions, they will control you.
- Being a lawyer is a gift.
The details in each of the points are worth the read – check it out.