Reddit is one of my favorite (and probably a lot of people’s favorite) time-waster. It’s a terrific community of commentary, and some information is both astonishing and accurate.
Thanks to Nick Douglas at Lifehacker for the list – you should check it out (and be sure to check the citations – the supporting information for the facts is just as interesting as the facts).
(Note – some of the info, while interesting, is NSFW.)
Reddit’s Favorite Mindblowing Facts of All Time, Fact-Checked.
This is for you, FutureLawyer – The ultimate watch for the discerning analog aficionado.
Even for a person who has not worn a watch for more than 25 years (long story), this is a fascinating piece of art and clockwork.
This is what the space program has done for the advancement of technology:
The great Christopher Walken excerpts from 50-ish of his movies dancing.
This is not new, but it crossed my desk today, and I thoroughly enjoyed watching it again. Hope you do, too. Mr. Walken has great moves.
But the best one of all is Fatboy Slim – Weapon of Choice:
This is from the ABA Journal, but the tips are great for anyone. By James Grey Robinson.
- Do not be a prisoner of your past
- What comes out of your mouth is more than what goes in it
- People will admire you more for your health and happiness than your bank account
- Take 10 minutes each day to not think but just breathe
- Lawyers are admired more for their honesty (and humanity) than for winning
- You have to balance and take care of your body, your mind, and your family/community.
- Nothing is more powerful than kind words.
- Embrace change. Change is good.
- If you don’t control your emotions, they will control you.
- Being a lawyer is a gift.
The details in each of the points are worth the read – check it out.
Top 10 Rules to be a Successful Lawyer