Nice article by Gretchen Rubin on LinkedIn. This applies to all of us – not just the newly-minted young adults. Be sure you read the last one. The article is a great starting point.
My Best Advice for Graduates: 12 Tips for A Happy Life
- Know yourself
- Beware of Drift
- Don’t let the perfect be the enemy of the good
- Write (and re-write) your own set of personal commandments
- Identify the problem
- Take care of your body; exercise regularly and get enough sleep
- Don’t expect to be motivated by motivation
- Give time and energy to keep relationships strong
- Ask yourself, “Whom do I envy?”
- Remember, everyone makes mistakes
- Know your “tell.”
- Collect your own Secrets of Adulthood.