Thanks to Robert McWhirter for this post over at the ABA Journal. Click the link to the article to read more information about the US Constitution.
- Most voters today would not have had the right to vote under the original Constitution.
- Many of the rights we take for granted were not granted by the original text of the Constitution.
- The word “God” never appears in the Constitution or the Bill of Rights.
- The word “democracy” never appears in the Constitution or the Bill of Rights.
- The Bill of Rights was never an actual “bill” in Congress.
- Most of the Framers [of the Constitution] believed a Bill of Rights unnecessary.
- The Bill of Rights was not, originally, 10 amendments.
- the First Amendment was not originally first.
- Several states did not immediately approve the Bill of Rights.
- The Constitution begins and ends with the People.
How well do you know the Constitution? Take the Quiz